Mortgage Gym Limited ("MortgageGym", "we", "us" or "our") is committed to protecting your privacy.
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data (meaning any information about you which is personally identifiable) that MortgageGym collects from you or that you provide to MortgageGym, will be processed by MortgageGym. Please read the following information carefully to understand MortgageGym's practices regarding your personal data.
For the purpose of the data protection legislation, the data controller is Mortgage Gym Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 09328054 and whose registered office address is at Abbots House, Abbey Street, Reading RG1 3BD.
Amendments and updates to this Policy may be made from time-to-time. Any revisions will be posted on this page and where appropriate, notified to you by email, so you will always be aware of what information we collect and how we use that information. Please review this page regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
Information we collect and what it is used for
MortgageGym may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you provide
As part of MortgageGym's service of providing appropriate mortgage and financial product quotes, we will collect information about you by you filling in forms on our website. This may include personal details such as your name, email address, address, phone number, age, date of birth and marital status; business contact information such as your job title, department, and name of organisation; identification information such as copies of your passport or other identification; financial information and history including credit information and history; and demographic information such as behaviour and preferences, interests and postcode.
We will use this information to carry out our obligations and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. If you are an existing customer and have consented to receive marketing communications, we will use this information to contact you with recommendations and suggestions of products which we feel may interest you. We will also use this information to notify you of any changes to our service and to ensure that the content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you.
Provision of this information is a necessary requirement to enter into a contract for your use of the MortgageGym services. If you do not provide this information, we will be unable to supply you with MortgageGym products and/or services.
We may carry out automated decision making and profiling in order to provide you with the most suitable products and services for your needs.
Information we collect about you
For each of your visits to our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Our website may also use a website recording service which may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
Information we receive from other sources
As part of collating mortgage and financial product quotes, we work closely with third parties to obtain data relating to you including but not limited to credit reference agencies, search information providers, product vendors, and financial institutions and we may receive financial and credit information about you from them.
Experian will provide to MortgageGym (subject to Experian's Credit Score Terms and Conditions as available at www.mortgagegym.com/experianterms.html) your credit history/data; in the event that you are jointly applying for a mortgage any data from any financial associate you may have (if any); your eligibility for mortgage product(s); and your credit score. In each case in order to provide services to you and to display the mortgage product(s) search results and your credit score to you on the website.
We will access your credit history and relevant financial information in order to provide this information to the product or service providers to enable them to assess the basis on which you may be eligible for the mortgage you have made enquiries about.
Financial information such as credit scores will be used for the purposes of providing you with products and quotes for mortgage products. Quotes are selected for your attention by reference to a number of factors, including but not limited to your credit score, mortgage preferences and affordability assessment based on the information that you have provided.
Data protection laws require us to have a lawful basis for any processing of personal data. The bases that we rely on are as follows:
- Necessary for the performance of a contract we have entered into or are entering into with you;
- Necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, provided that your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests;
- Necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; and/or
- Your consent;
We may use your information in the provision and administration of the services/materials that you have requested and/or to respond to your queries. Where you don't provide us with certain information we will be unable to provide you with the services and/or materials requested.
We may also use your information to meet our legal obligations, to deal with any complaints and for the enforcement of our terms and conditions.
We may use your information for our legitimate business interests which include service delivery; business operations and due diligence; identity verification; security purposes; website management; improvements to our website, solutions, products and services; supplier management; and for general marketing purposes. We will not do so though where our interests are outweighed by your interests, rights and freedoms.
We will combine the information received from other sources with the information you have provided to us directly in order to provide you with our services.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to MortgageGym is securely stored either on dedicated servers within the U.K. or with trusted partners who abide by GDPR legislation as part of MortgageGym's contractual arrangements.
Once MortgageGym has received your information, MortgageGym will use strict procedures and security features to prevent any unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
MortgageGym may share your information in the following circumstances:
- With customer relationship management (CRM) system providers, and technology partners (including optical character recognition, document capture solutions providers, cloud based service providers, software providers and IT providers) to provide you with the mortgage services you have requested;
- With mortgage brokers to assist you to complete your mortgage application -- MortgageGym will share details of the mortgage product(s) in which you have indicated an interested; your credit history/data; your eligibility for mortgage product(s); your credit score; copies of your identity documents (if any) uploaded on the website; and any verification checks undertaken on the website;
- With credit reference agencies (including product eligibility and pre-qualification profiling partners), such as Experian including but not limited for the purpose of requesting your credit history/data and credit score from Experian (based on the information you have provided in each case) in order to allow Experian to verify your identity and assess your eligibility for mortgage products. Experian may supply the information you have supplied on the website to other organisations who will use such information for the purposes of checking identity, preventing fraud, tracing and collection of debt;
- With lenders, and/or prospective lenders to enable them to provide you with a mortgage;
- With estate agents you have instructed for the purchase of the property for which the mortgage you have originated via MortgageGym for the purposes of enabling them to manage your property purchase transaction;
- With conveyancers for the purpose of providing you with conveyancing services for your transaction; and
- With insurance providers to provide you with details of relevant insurance services/products only where you have expressly consented to receive these communications.
Each party listed above, is either acting as a processor on behalf of MortgageGym or as a controller in their own right with the purpose of providing services to you.
MortgageGym may also disclose your information as follows:
- To any actual or prospective seller or buyer of our business;
- If MortgageGym or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- MortgageGym may share your personal information with its group companies, which means subsidiaries and holding companies;
- For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, MortgageGym may share any information that it collects with the Police, other public or private sector agencies, governmental or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. This will include public authorities, insurance companies, finance companies and/or other agencies;
- In order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our terms and conditions MortgageGym may be required to disclose your personal information;
- In certain circumstances, these third parties may transfer, process and store your personal information outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA") for business and administration purposes.
Where MortgageGym relies on legitimate interest as its lawful basis for processing your information, it may retain that information for as long as is necessary for regulatory/industry requirements. This could be the length of the mortgage term or life insurance term.
Where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you MortgageGym shall retain your information for as long as is necessary after the termination of such contract.
Where processing is based on your consent, MortgageGym shall only process your information until such time as you withdraw your consent.
Subject to the above retention periods, MortgageGym may be required by legal obligation to hold onto your information for up to six years, and in such event will comply with this retention period.
When you register with MortgageGym, we ask you whether you would like to receive our communications detailing offers, news and services from MortgageGym and/or information from third party companies via email and/or other electronic communications that we feel may be of interest to you. In order to consent to receive these communications, you will need to opt in as part of your secure data preferences page.
Where you have let us know that you are happy to receive information from us, we may send you communications that include new products, reminders when your products might be due for renewal and opportunities to take part in market research.
To stop receiving MortgageGym's promotional offers and alerts, please click the link found at the bottom of each email or update your secure data preferences page.
You have the right to:
- Access all personal information supplied to MortgageGym and held by us in order to rectify any inaccuracies on the information held.
- Request the erasure of your personal data or to object to the processing of your data.
- Request that your personal data be ported to you or a new provider if the data is processed automatically.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The relevant supervisory authority for the UK is the Information Commissioners Office, and more information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/. For details of our complaint procedure, please see our Borrower Terms and Conditions available on our website.
- Withdraw consent to us processing your data at any time. This will not affect the processing already carried out with your consent.
- Request further information regarding the personal data that we hold about you and the source(s) of that information.
Individuals can make any requests in accordance with their above rights using the data subject access request form at Subject Access Request.
Any enquiries regarding the above rights should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Data Protection Officer
MortgageGym, Building 3, Riverside Way, Camberley
The only cookies we use are 'analytical cookies' and those that save you the user time by prefilling fields when you revisit our site. They allow us to count the number of visitors and identify which pages are being viewed or used with the sole purpose of analysing data about webpage traffic and to improve our website in order to tailor it to our customer's needs. We only store personally identifiable information in cookies in situations where this is needed for you to navigate between individual webpages, avoiding the need for you to re-enter the same information. This record is deleted when you leave our website.
We use Google Analytics to help analyse use of our website. This analytical tool collects standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors' use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for this website. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We will not (and will not allow any third party) to use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google statistical analytics tool. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither ourselves nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
Content distributed through our website sharing features and/or third party integrations may result in your personal identifiable information being available on external websites. By your direct initiation of these features you are consenting to the use the sharing of this information.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be sent by email to email@example.com
or by post to:
Data Protection Officer
MortgageGym, Building 3, Riverside Way, Camberley
Credit Reference agency Information Notice (CRAIN)
In order to find the most suitable product for you we may use the information held at credit reference agencies (CRAs). A CRA is a company that collects personal information from various sources and provides that personal information for variety of uses (including to prospective lenders for the purposes of making credit decisions).
By confirming your agreement to proceed you are confirming that we may each use your information in this way.
Use of Personal Information:
We will search a CRA who will provide us with information about you to assess creditworthiness and product suitability and check your identity. They will provide us with the publicly held data, including the electoral roll and shared credit performance data. If you have a financial associate their data may also be provided.
Some lenders will confirm if you are an existing customer, and as such may be eligible for additional offers.
We will use the information provided to us by a CRA to help decide which products may be best for you. It is important to note that there may be other products available from lenders who are not represented by this service.
When the CRA receives a search from us they will place a quotation search footprint on your credit report, whether or not you decide to apply for the product. This search will not affect your ability to gain credit.
The information which we provide to the CRA may be supplied by them to other organisations such as fraud prevention agencies and used by those organisations for the purposes of checking identity, preventing fraud, tracing and collection of debt. The CRA may also use the data to undertake statistical analysis.
If you choose to apply for a product, the lender will undertake a full credit check and provide you with further privacy information for that product.
More information about each CRA and what it does with personal data is available at the following locations:
- Call Credit: www.callcredit.co.uk/crain
- Equifax: www.equifax.co.uk/crain
- Experian: www.experian.co.uk/crain
You can contact any of the CRA's if you wish to obtain a copy of your credit report.
Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF
or call 0844 4818000
or log on to www.experian.co.uk
Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ
or call 0870 0601414
- Equifax PLC
Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 1140, Bradford, BD1 5US
or call 0844 335 0550
or log on to www.equifax.co.uk